Saturday, December 27, 2008

Amusing Tea Break =.=

I had not taken my lunch since my brunch with Soo Chuan and Darren, so I decided to go to the malay stall to get some nasi lemak or pisang goreng. I came down from my bike, right after I stood my bike, the long-time-no-see mak cik was greeting yelling: "Boy! Lama tak datang boy!" I replied with a smile and "Ya lor". Then, I started to ask the other kakak if there's nasi lemak. However, the excited mak cik continues while I was looking what else I can buy for my tea time except nasi lemak:

"Boy! boy you sudah kahwin?"

"Oh, belum, belum kak..."

"Boy akak ada seorang kawan ada anak nak cari kawan lar.. boy ada minat?"

*Stunned*"huh...??"

Then this hokkien aunty beside thought I dont understand what kakak said:
"伊爱做媒人,看你有兴趣无,爱介绍搽媒给你八!”

*Gulped* How come suddenly I had this very unwell feeling that suddenly like I very old...

"Boy, you nak kenal tak, gadis tu cantik, bagus, buka kedai bunga kat sana je, nak kenal tak? Akak bawakan?"

*Stunned again!* "Err... Tak pe la kak, tak pe..."

"Oh, ah boy segan ke... alah... tak pe, ah boy ada kawan yang minat tak? gadis tu muda, cantik, umur 24, boy tengok ada tak kawan yang minat tak.. ah boy umur berapa?"

"24 akak, 24..." (taking my nasi lemak and pisang goreng...)

"Oh.. ok ma... sama umur dengan aboy, kalau aboy nak, datang cari akak ya..."

(Smiled and,) "Ok Kak.. thank you ya..."

(Faster paid and left)

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

No harm to have a peak or make more friends (if possible) right, Jerry?

Jerry said...

but if to let a mak cik help me arrange 相亲,really is... ehem ehem....

Anonymous said...

Do you know 联谊 is very common in Taiwan? They take the opportunity to know new friends or become couple if found the right person. Unfortunately, Malaysians perhaps including me do not take it that way, different culture.

Anonymous said...

By the way, i just realized i got a typo in my earlier comment, should be "peep", not "peak".

Jerry said...

tht mak cik didnt meant lian yi, she meant xiang qin.... she really meant xiang qin!!!!!

Anonymous said...

You take it is as "Lian Yi" then, haha!

Newer Post Older Post Home